Medical Screening Coordinator, Refugee & Immigration Services
Website Catholic Charities Maine
A Mission to Provide Help, Hope, and Justice for All Mainers
Catholic Charities Maine Refugee and Immigration Services has a full-time opening for a Medical Screening Coordinator. The Medical Screening Coordinator will provide all direct coordination of medical screening services to clients under their case load. They will ensure appointments are made; clients attend appointments that they understand and can utilize Maine’s public transportation and MaineCare reimbursed transportation systems, and that they receive all required follow up services. Medical Screening Coordinators are responsible for the orientation of clients to the US Health Care system and any needed ongoing training on these services.
The Medical Screening Coordinator will serve all PRM and ORR eligible populations such as refugees, asylum granted, Ukrainian/Afghan Humanitarian Paroles, Cuban and Haitian Entrants etc.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in social services or health related services is preferred.
- Multilingual skills (Arabic, Kinyarwanda, French, Swahili, Somali) and experience working in multicultural settings is desirable.
- Knowledge of the health care system and community resources is also preferred.
- A choice of three (3) comprehensive medical plans
- Dental & Vision Insurance options
- Short- and long-term disability, life insurance (employer paid!)
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance with a paid Be-Well Benefit (optional)
- Six (6) weeks of Earned Time (first year!) plus an additional six (6) agency holidays
- Bereavement Time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 401k agency contribution after 1 year employment
- Wellness reimbursement – Up to $100 per year on health and wellness purchases!
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount program
You may apply directly on our Career Center or send your resume and cover letter via email (email@example.com), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and Affirmative Action/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.