CSR & Teller
Website Kennebec Savings Bank
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing customer service and operational support duties as needed to support Bank needs; accurately and courteously meeting new and existing customer account needs; actively supporting and cross-selling Bank products/services; and maintaining accurate cash and transaction records.
Teller duties: Perform the duties of a branch teller as assigned. Provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to branch customers at the teller or drive-up windows. Process customer deposits/withdrawals (including night bags); receive loan, mortgage and club payments; cash checks; sell money orders and Treasurer’s checks, all according to established procedures. Assist customers with safe deposit boxes. Comply with all Bank and branch policies and procedures concerning customer transactions. Refer questions or problems to the Head Teller.
Accurately settle own cash drawer and processed work in adherence to Bank performance standards and established procedures. Maintain daily work in good order.
Customer service representative duties: Perform the duties of the customer service representative as assigned. Provide account services to Bank customers. Open new checking, savings, certificate of deposit, IRA and savings accounts, safe deposit boxes; take applications for ATM/debit cards; all following established Bank policies and procedures. Assist customers with certificate of deposit maturities (renewals, reinvestments, redemptions, etc.). Comply with all Bank and branch policies and procedures concerning customer accounts. Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer account problems; refer to Branch Manager as needed. Act as liaison between customer and other Bank departments as necessary to address account issues.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and branch operating and security policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed established objectives and standards for customer service representative/teller performance.
Branch back-up: Perform other branch functions as assigned to meet customer or operational needs, including working at other branches; assisting or performing ATM settlement; processing coin deposits for customers; may assist with vault duties when needed.
Support Bank products/services: Maintain knowledge of current KSB products and services. Actively utilize as many Bank products and services as possible in order to fully understand their features and benefits and to be able to communicate effectively with customers and prospective customers.
Talk to customers and listen for “cues and clues” to determine needs; respond to customer inquiries and evaluate their needs; suggest Bank products/services to customers to meet their needs; establish accounts with new and existing customers through cross-selling efforts; make referrals to other Bank personnel as appropriate.
Participate in the Bank’s cross-selling programs and accurately maintain all required sales records.
Community/public relations: Actively participate in community organizations and events. Represent the Bank in the community.
Other duties: Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality. Work at other Bank branches as needed for customer service, operational, or training purposes. Attend and participate in Bank meetings. Attend internal and external training to improve skills and knowledge relevant to the customer service representative/teller position.
Understand and fully comply with Kennebec Savings Bank’s Core Values.
Perform other duties as required.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 3 years branch banking experience as a teller/head teller and customer service representative, preferred.
- Other cash handling and customer service experience is required.
- Computer literate, with specific experience in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to lift cash boxes and cash bags of approximately 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time while waiting on customers.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time working at a computer.
- Must be able use the telephone to converse with customers; must be able to communicate clearly by telephone; must have good listening ability and skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work flow; must have good attention to detail; must be able to handle multiple jobs.
- Must have the ability to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution.
- Must have a high degree of ethics and maintain confidentiality of customers and accounts.
- Must be friendly, courteous and sensitive to the needs of customers and coworkers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com