Business Development & Branch Manager
Website Kennebec Savings Bank
Come join our growing team and be a part of our new branch in Portland! Our office is conveniently located less than a minute from I-295 and offers free onsite parking.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for daily management of the branch office and staff; for developing new business through active marketing and business development; for supporting Bank products and services; accurately and courteously processing customer transactions; and coaching, mentoring, and training branch staff to excel in positive customer service.
Branch management: Manage the daily operations of the branch office and staff to ensure consistently high levels of customer service and accurate and efficient operations. Supervise all branch staff including head teller, tellers, customer service representatives and receptionist (if applicable); coordinate branch staffing and schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times; oversee staff training; conduct annual staff performance appraisals (or review/approve those completed by the Head Teller) and salary reviews and recommend personnel action as appropriate.
- Ensure branch compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Meet or exceed established objectives and standards for overall branch performance and for individual performance.
- Work in conjunction with Chief Retail Banking Officer to meet annual strategic planning goals and objectives.
Branch operations: Open and close the branch in accordance with established procedures. Oversee branch cash ordering and branch cash records. Sign official Bank checks; maintain branch records of signatory authorities, key and combination access, etc.
Oversee and assist with teller, ATM and other branch settlement procedures to ensure timely and accurate settlement of cash, cash items and account records; inform the Regional Vice President of any settlement or other discrepancies.
Conduct regularly scheduled branch staff meetings for training and information purposes.
Analyze branch activity and prepare management reports as required. Recommend changes in branch operations as appropriate to enhance customer service.
Ensure that the branch facility (interior and exterior) and equipment are maintained in good order. Monitor and maintain the functioning of all equipment; perform routine maintenance in accordance with established procedures; contact appropriate repair personnel as necessary.
Business development: Establish and maintain contact with local individuals, and businesses and other centers of influence within the Bank’s market area through direct calls, realtor and business organization gatherings and other functions to actively solicit new business for the Bank, keep them current on the benefits of working with the Bank, inform them of any new deposit or loan programs offered by the Bank and inquire about the needs/concerns in the community. Actively build the Bank’s customer base and market share.
Refer leads to other Bank staff members as appropriate. Meet or exceed established goals for branch business development.
Market trends: Monitor market trends relating to competition, banking products, deposit rates, advertising programs, branch hours, etc. in the branch’s market area. Report to the Chief Retail Banking Officer on market trends and make recommendations as appropriate.
Loan origination: Refer all types of residential and/or consumer loans Have an understanding of our commercial loan products and refer leads for new loan business to our commercial lenders.
Support Bank products/services: Maintain knowledge of current KSB products and services. Actively utilize as many Bank products and services as possible in order to fully understand their features and benefits and to be able to communicate effectively with customers and prospective customers.
Talk to customers and listen for “cues and clues” to determine needs; respond to customer inquiries and evaluate their needs; suggest Bank products/services to customers to meet their needs; make referrals to other Bank personnel as appropriate.
Lead by example with all aspects of the Bank’s sales and referral activities. Direct the cross-selling efforts of all branch staff members; lead sales training sessions regularly to maintain employee knowledge, motivation, and enthusiasm.
Customer transactions: Interact with customers as necessary to facilitate customer service or to resolve problems. Assist customers with more complex deposit transactions; refer customers to other Bank specialists as appropriate. Approve transactions that do not comply with Bank policy and procedures as may be appropriate. Perform the duties of other branch staff members when necessary to meet customer needs.
Branch security: Act in conjunction with the Bank Security officer to ensure that all Bank security policies are implemented; assist with staff security training as necessary.
Community/public relations: Actively participate in community organizations and events. Represent the Bank in the community. Monitor participation by branch staff in community organizations and events.
Other outside activities: Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting Bank operations and job performance.
Management committees: Participate in the Bank’s branch operations meetings and officer meetings.
Other duties: Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality. Work at other Bank branches as needed for customer service, operational, or training purposes. Attend and participate in Bank meetings. Attend internal and external training to improve skills and knowledge relevant to the branch manager position.
Understand and fully comply with Kennebec Savings Bank’s Ten Core Values.
Perform other duties as required.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Assistant branch manager (if applicable)
- Head teller
- Customer Service Representatives
- Floaters (if applicable)
- Receptionist (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ progressively more responsible experience in branch banking, including staff management and business development
- Experience with teller and ATM data processing systems.
- Computer literate, with specific experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered and proper liability automobile insurance as required by state law.
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance tasks (e.g., repairs, shoveling, etc.) on the branch facility as may be required.
- Must be able to lift cash boxes and cash bags of approximately 20 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish between various denominations of coin and currency.
- Must be able to operate vault combinations.
- Must be able to read and work with computer print-out reports.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time while waiting on customers.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time operating a computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor.
- Must be able use the telephone to converse with customers for extended periods of time; must be able to communicate clearly by telephone; must have good listening ability and skills.
- Must have strong written communications skills, including letter and report-writing ability.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize workflow; must have good attention to detail; must be able to handle multiple jobs.
- Must have the ability to think through a problem, following proper steps in finding resolution.
- Must have a high degree of ethics and maintain confidentiality of customers and accounts.
- Must be friendly, courteous and sensitive to the needs of customers and coworkers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com