Website Northeast Bank
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the daily operations of a full-service Banking Center with a primary responsibility of serving as the Bank’s first point-of-contact with customers who visit a Banking Center. Responsible for accurately processing retail and commercial financial transactions, researching and servicing customer service needs, providing observational coaching to Tellers and Senior Tellers, assisting customers with selecting products and services based on their financial needs and/or referring customers to other product specialists within the Bank, as appropriate. Assists the Banking Center Manager by performing assigned tasks and functions that ensure operational excellence, a best-in-class customer experience, and compliance with established Bank policies and procedures.
· Processes retail and commercial financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, and cashing checks.
· Provides customers with basic account information, such as account balances, due dates, and/or recent account activity.
· Maintains knowledge on all the Bank’s product and service offerings to effectively assist customers with their financial needs and make recommendations to each customer served.
· Proactively generates consumer and small-business deposit account, residential mortgage and small-business loan referrals.
· Promotes a sales and service culture which aligns with both the strategic, financial, and operational objectives of the bank.
· Supports an environment that promotes providing a level of care that makes customers feel welcomed, appreciated, significant, and engaged.
· Answers customer inquiries and takes on researching and servicing complex customer needs, including managing difficult or emotional customer situations. Refers customers to the Banking Center Manager, or proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved.
· Leads Tellers/Senior Tellers through observational coaching to be able to assess customer and prospect needs and recommend appropriate solutions to further developing their overall skillset.
· Assists Banking Center Manager with on-boarding and training of Tellers/Senior Tellers.
· Ensure banking center compliance for all security, safety, and audit procedures.
· As required, assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
· Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and co-workers.
· Cross-trained on account opening procedures for when staffing levels warrant.
· Contributes to the fulfillment of Banking Center Sales and service goals.
· Answers and assists incoming callers with questions and requests; routes callers appropriately.
· As directed, sorts and distributes work from other Bank offices, processes mail and overnight depository transactions.
· Records all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with established Bank policies and procedures.
· Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times, and in accordance with Bank policy; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
· Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank policy and procedures, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
· Assists in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash.
· As directed, balances, and replenishes cash in the ATM and Banking Center vault.
· As directed, responsible for tracking information and preparing basic reports.
· Performs routine daily Banking Center activities, which includes balancing the Banking Center vault and completing miscellaneous end-of-day tasks.
· Responsible for opening and/or closing the Banking Center.
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and Northeast Bank policies and procedures.
· Participates in other activities as directed and serves as a back-up in the absence of the Banking Center Manager on delegated tasks.
· Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 2 years or more of experiences in banking, insurance, retail services, hospitality, or other related field.
· Thoroughness and strict attention to detail.
· Excellent mathematical skills.
· Competence with computers and other office machinery.
· Proficient alpha/numeric data entry skills.
· Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and co-workers.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed.
· Ability to make sound decisions, which may include on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
· Have perspective – capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to the Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
· Some travel is required.
· Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
· Consistently operates a computer and other office equipment such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
· Climate controlled general office setting with moderate noise level.
· Work unpredictable hours including Saturday.
· Must express or exchange ideas with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.