Banking Center Manager
Website Northeast Bank
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the daily operation of a full service Banking Center with primary responsibility for in-market deposit growth, residential mortgage and small-business loan referrals, and community development. Promotes and fosters a sales and service culture through coaching, guidance, and team motivation. Achieves individual and Banking Center sales, service, and community development goals through new business development, referrals, and retention and expansion of existing customer relationships.
Sales and Marketing
· Leads all aspects of retail sales, service, and community development for a full service Banking Center.
· Accountable for the attainment of Banking Center sales, service, and community development goals, which includes: deposit portfolio growth; customer expansion; residential and small-business loan referrals; and participating in community organizations and activities to enhance the Bank’s image, develop new sources of business and referrals, and meet the Bank’s CRA community development goals.
· Promotes a sales and service culture which aligns with both the strategic, financial, and operational objectives of the Bank.
· Provides effective New Customer Onboarding and Customer Engagement buy, in part, routinely strengthening new and current customer relationships, introducing new and existing customers to the Bank’s products and services, addressing customer questions.
· Manages the acquisition of customer relationships through the effective use of targeted leads, self-sourcing new business, and managing referral source relationships.
· Leads deposit portfolio management efforts to retain and expand current deposit portfolio customers by executing sales strategies that deepen customer relationships and increase the number of deposit portfolio customers in the Banking Center.
· Collaborates with other internal business partners to provide comprehensive solutions to customers’ financial needs.
· Maintains a consistent business development calling effort, achieving established goals for quantity and quality of calls.
· Educates the Banking Center team about products and services offered through other lines of business. Maintains knowledge of the competition, as well as knowledge of the market areas serviced
· Leads, manages, and coaches the Banking Center team to be able to assess customer and prospect needs and offer appropriate solutions.
· Ensures all members of the Banking Center team, especially new ones, demonstrate the skills to execute on customer needs.
· Supports an environment that promotes providing a level of care that makes customers feel welcomed, appreciated, significant, and engaged.
· Stays current, seeks to learn new products, services, technologies and customer service tactics; teaches members of the Banking Center team.
· Educates and fulfills customer requests, routine and complex.
· Resolves complex customer complaints, including managing difficult or emotional customer situations.
· As needed, provides transactional customer service, including but not limited to: accept and process deposits, withdrawals, and payments and handle other over the counter and mail transactions; open and close customer accounts; and perform routine customer account maintenance.
· Impacts the customer experience through coaching, and providing constructive feedback to members of the Banking Center team.
· Develops and leads a high-performing team of Retail Bankers.
· Directly manages the human resources processes for employees, including selection, training and development, performance management, disciplinary actions, individual career development, recognition, and retention.
· Proactively participates in community development activities to improve understanding of market needs.
· Accountable for meeting established Bank CRA goals.
· Engages the Banking Center team to participate in community development activities and events.
· Participates in Bank sponsored community events.
· Accountable for the compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations’ and Northeast Bank policies and procedures.
· Ensures completion of required compliance related training for all team members of the Banking Center. Maintains security procedures to protect the Banking Center team, and the Bank, from robbery and other criminal acts.
· Ensures audit and risk management controls are followed to protect the Bank from unnecessary risk and exposure.
· Serves as the communication link between all departments and senior leadership to ensure the Banking Center team is informed and understands directives, bank financial performance, initiatives, and other pertinent information.
Maintains appropriate expense controls in order to stay within budget and explain any significant variances.
· Prioritizes and plans work activities for self and the Banking Center team.
· Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or related field, or equivalent banking or financial industry education.
· 3-5 years of progressive and successful Retail Banking management experience; with a track record of building a high-performing sales and service culture.
· Solid knowledge of and experience in Retail Banking, including consumer and business deposit productions and growth strategies; and generating residential mortgage and small-business loan referrals.
· Proven experience, and performance, in executing sales programs and campaigns that resulted in growing core retail deposits, and generating residential mortgage and small-business loan referrals.
· Proven leader who has demonstrated the ability to inspire, motivate, and develop members of a retail banking sales and service team.
· Strong business development, relationship management, and lead generation skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
· A self-starter who can effectively prioritize responsibilities and adapt to change.
· Ability to teach and foster development in others.
· Active involvement in local community organizations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
· Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
· Consistently operates a computer and other office equipment such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
· Climate controlled general office setting with moderate noise level.
· Work unpredictable hours including Saturday.
· Must express or exchange ideas with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org