Customer Relationship Officer
Website Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
Founded in 1827, we are the oldest Bank in Maine!
As a member of the Branch Management Team, you are responsible to present yourself as a Banking professional and represent the Bank accordingly. You must possess the ability to demonstrate honest and sincere interest in identifying which products and services best serve each individual customer’s needs in a way that the customer recognizes as truly genuine. This position is responsible for possessing an expert level of knowledge of the bank’s consumer and business deposit products. Additionally, you should possess a basic knowledge of the bank’s most popular loan products.
You will be expected to cultivate relationships to create your own “following” of loyal customers who recognize the value of exceptional service. You shall demonstrate leadership when overseeing the branch and on a day to day basis. You will actively seek opportunities to learn new skills and knowledge pertaining to bank services and, as directed by your supervisor, you will coach CRAs and tellers on referral opportunities and improved customer service techniques. In addition to opening various accounts, you will verify and process changes to existing accounts and assist customers with account issues, problems and questions. As scheduled, this position will be responsible to open, close and oversee the Branch office when necessary. When overseeing the branch, you should represent the operational and cultural expectations of your Branch Manager.
- Provides professional, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers.
- Makes referrals benefiting our customers to our business partners.
- Assists customers in a variety of ways including, but not limited to: opening accounts, clearly explaining the range of the institution’s deposit products and services, updating customer information, answering questions and resolving problems and concerns.
- Provides customers with complete and accurate information regarding all consumer and business deposit products and services including, but not limited to, all types of Individual Retirement
- Accounts, HSAs and Electronic Banking Services.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of, and complies with, all quality control policies and procedures.
- Functions as a liaison between the customer and other bank departments as necessary to address customer issues. Refers customers to other bank personnel when appropriate.
- Complies with federal and state banking regulations, as well as with all bank and branch policies and procedures.
- As scheduled, must be able to open, close and oversee the Branch office when necessary. This includes limited supervision of staff in the absence of other branch management.
- Ensures efficient and satisfactory implementation of customer services in keeping with the bank’s policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fills in at other branch locations as scheduled.
- Performs teller and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent required; college, business or banking professional training helpful.
- Previous banking experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deliver quality work during times of increased volume.
- Operational competency using Microsoft Office suite; Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel and other Windows based applications; comfortable learning new software.
Commitment to ongoing learning.
- Interacts harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via the telephone and to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Able to travel to all bank locations.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- May sit or stand with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately thirty-five pounds. Frequent lifting of one to ten pounds; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.sbsavings.bank.