Human Resources Operations Manager
Website Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
Founded in 1827, we are the oldest Bank in Maine!
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Operations Manager acts as a resource for managers, supervisors and other employees. The Human Resources Operations Manager assists with the Bank’s health and welfare programs, oversight of payroll, and develops and implements procedures.
- Provides professional, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the review of benefits, policies and payroll procedures for new and existing employees while also participating in the overall onboarding process for new employees.
- Oversees the administration and management of all employee leaves; FMLA, STD, LTD, and other leaves; including preparing paperwork, tracking, communications, etc.
- Manages reporting of Workers’ Comp claims, including initiating medical treatment, working with managers regarding restrictions and accommodations, and other concerns managing leaves.
- Conducts ergonomic evaluations and prepares recommendations for remediation and prevention.
- Supervises the Payroll/Benefits Specialist and serves as backup to the position by preparing changes, reviewing timecards, processing payroll, reviewing reports and general ledger information.
- Assists with benefits administration and audits, including 401(k) and Pension Plans.
- Responsible for OSHA record keeping.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records, e.g., personnel files, HR website, etc.
- Performs personnel administrative functions for staffing management.
- Oversees the coordination of unemployment processes, works with the Department of Labor on fact finding interviews.
- In collaboration with Director of HR, increase safety and wellness awareness across the organization.
- Recommends, creates and updates human resource policies and procedures.
- Complies with and maintains current knowledge of all applicable federal and state banking regulations, as well as with all bank and department policies and procedures.
- Completes various reports and surveys.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assigns work to employees and communicates how the successful performance of those duties will be measured.
- Provides appropriate orientation and training for new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals as needed and as requested, including recommendations for performance awards when appropriate.
- Approves timecards/attendance sheets and resolves requests for time off on a timely basis.
- Participates in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
- Helps employees address and resolve concerns and complaints.
- Addresses performance issues on a timely basis.
- Consults with Human Resources as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes and manages special projects or assists with other special projects or programs as necessary.
- Serves as backup for ADP WorkForce Now (portal administration, practitioner, manager roles).
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Able to travel to all bank locations.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent with some college preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification preferred (and/or PHR/SPHR).
- Three to five years’ experience in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of personnel administration, principles, wage and salary administration, employment and other labor laws and employee benefit plans.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, as well as facilitate satisfactory relationships with bank employees and external customers.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.sbsavings.bank.