Senior Information Technology Specialist
Website Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
Founded in 1827, we are the oldest Bank in Maine!
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of our data and voice communications network based on standards established by the manager. This position has operational oversight of the networking and server infrastructures. This position’s primary focus is on the networking and server environments. This person is the immediate backup for the manager.
- Acts as network administrator by maintaining the network and telecom infrastructure.
Installs, configures, upgrades and optimizes all LAN/WAN hardware including file servers, workstations, peripherals (printers, modems, scanners, etc.) and connectivity (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Installs, configures, upgrades and optimizes all LAN/WAN software including Windows and Microsoft Office products and other application software, on both servers and workstations.
- Assists the manager with the following: Planning, installation, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware and software products; Implementation, documentation and monitoring of information technology standards and procedures; Facilitation of backup and recovery; Monitoring problem/change activities; Implementation of new or enhanced systems; Identifying hardware and software standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the uptime, security, and integrity of the bank’s information technology assets.
- Maintains online or manual trouble logs and resolves client requests.
- Prepares and maintains operating procedures as well as infrastructure documentation as needed.
- Provides support and direction as necessary to Level I and Level II technicians.
- Participates in the Information Technology department on-call rotation as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides necessary training to bank employees as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies in order to make effective recommendations to the manager.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or other technical related discipline.
- Five years experience providing senior-level network administration
- MCSE (or comparable) certification preferred
- Excellent technical, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, when necessary.
- Accurate and detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of Bank personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to ongoing learning.
- Able to work harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of Bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self-motivated, ability to adapt and learn new skills.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Well-lighted and ventilated office environment, with frequent need for crawling under desks and working in tight areas to check on cables, etc.
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Physical effort frequently required for lifting computer equipment and supplies weighing as much as seventy pounds.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
- Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.sbsavings.bank.