Market Manager – South Portland
Website Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution
This position leads all aspects of customer relationships delivered through the branch. The role is responsible to establish themselves and their entire team to be viewed as the “face” of the bank within their Market. This role serves as a point of contact and coordination even when fulfillment of a product or service may be completed elsewhere. This position is the lead relationship manager for all retail and small business customers and a coordinator/support position for other relationships. The job is a combination of business development, sales, coaching, training, customer service, analysis, and communications.
- Leads and manages effective outreach activities, programs, and tactics within the market area.
- Focused on retaining and strengthening customer relationships and attracting new customers.
- Creates and sustains strong external partnerships through community involvement and business development.
- Personally manages the largest relationships in the market.
- Actively participates in centers of influence such as Chambers of Commerce and Main Street associations.
- Responsible to create an annual business plan for their Market while establishing personal and branch goals.
- Motivates, monitors, and coaches team members to deliver the “SBSI experience” and provides consistent feedback and support.
- Typically spends 20-40% of their time outside of the Branch for meetings with clients and potential clients as well as involvement in marketing events both during and after bank hours.
- Must believe in and value the banks products and services and be willing and able to softly ask for the business when a product or service is identified as a good fit for the customer.
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate sincere interest in identifying products and services that best serve each individual customer’s needs in a way that the customer recognizes as truly genuine.
- Originates mortgage and consumer loans as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the referral of opportunities to insurance and other groups.
- Leads the sales of electronic services to build usage, cement relationships, and migrate customers to more appropriate channels.
- Works with residential and commercial lenders to identify opportunities with existing and potential customers in the local community.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties or special assignments as required or assigned.
- Complies with federal and state banking regulations, as well as with all bank and department policies and procedures.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
- Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to: Conducts performance appraisals frequently with a written appraisal done at least once annually; Recommends performance awards and/or increases when appropriate; Approves time cards/attendance sheets and resolves requests for time off; Helps employees address and resolve concerns and complaints; Addresses performance issues on a timely basis; Coaches and mentors employees and develops them by scheduling courses offered by/through Learning and Development.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- College degree preferred with a minimum of five years comprehensive retail banking, business lending, business development and leadership.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, coaching, customer service, sales, interpersonal, time management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate, with experience in Microsoft Office products, esp. Word and Excel; comfortable learning new software.
- Expert knowledge of SBSI procedures, rules and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Business & Consumer deposit products.
- Able to work harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via telephone and use a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities quickly.
- Commitment to ongoing learning.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Able to travel to bank locations.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- May sit or stand with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately thirty-five pounds.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.