Senior Vice President for Learning and Programs
Website Saint Joseph's College of Maine
Where Community Grows
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine (Standish, ME) is accepting applications for the position of Senior Vice President for Learning and Programs (Sr. VPLP). The Sr. VPLP is the College’s chief academic officer and has institution-wide responsibility for ensuring the quality and intellectual integrity of the College’s Learning Community through effective leadership and administration of its academic and learning resources and activities.
The Sr. VP for Learning and Programs reports directly to the President and is a member of the College’s Leadership Team. Reporting to the Sr. VPLP are the Associate Vice President for Student Development, the Associate Vice President for Athletics and Recreation, the Associate Dean for Innovation and Assessment, the Assistant Dean and Director of the Academic Center for Excellence, the Director of the Learning Commons, and the Faculty Learning Communities Chairs. Visit www.Hyatt-Fennell.com for a detailed profile.
- The Sr. VPLP will play a key role in the next phase of strategic progress at Saint Joseph’s, which includes the following opportunities:
- Working collaboratively with other senior leaders to develop effective annual operating plans based on key indicators and performance metrics aligned with the College’s budget;
- Modeling and encouraging mutual trust, respect, support, and accountability through his/her daily actions, the use of direct reports, one-on-one and group conversations with members of the Saint Joseph’s community, and other methods.;
- Leading the development of new undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree programs, especially in areas that are clearly aligned with Saint Joseph’s mission and strategic vision, and the Mercy Values that guide the College; and
- Further refining the College’s student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness initiatives.
The Sr. VPLP will be a creative, strategic, collegial, and entrepreneurial leader who has:
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible senior academic leadership and management experience in higher education; a terminal degree in one of the College’s disciplines from an accredited institution; a strong record of scholarship and successful teaching experience; and a proven record of success in leading and playing a role in program growth and development of both traditional and emerging areas of study.
- Significant experience in developing and executing strategic plans; an understanding of new and emerging technologies; experience with both traditional and new pedagogies; a collegial management and leadership style; and a strong commitment to shared governance.
- An appreciation for, and commitment to, the College’s Catholic liberal arts orientation to education.
The personal qualities essential to cooperative success, including trustworthiness, openness, accessibility, kindness, flexibility, leading transformative change in a higher education, and a sense of humor.
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts college for men and women of all faiths and ages. Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Saint Joseph’s is Maine’s only Catholic college and grants degrees in fulfillment of the educational ideals of the Sisters of Mercy, founded by Catherine McAuley. It offers an undergraduate program at its 474-acre campus located on the shore of Sebago Lake in Standish, Maine, as well as undergraduate and advanced degrees and certificates for working adults through its online learning programs.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Application materials should be submitted via email to SJCME@hyatt-fennell.com. Submit applications prior to November 8, 2021 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential and should include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references. Saint Joseph’s College is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job email your details to SJCME@hyatt-fennell.com