Saint Joseph's College of Maine
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine is seeking a full-time Housekeeper!
JOB PURPOSE: Supports the department of Housekeeping by providing a safe, clean and well-maintained facility
- Cleaning and maintaining floors; shampoo carpets
- Sweep walkways
- Dusting and washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents, chalkboards, furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfecting restrooms
- Removing waste from all designated areas
- Restocking disposable items
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High school education is desirable
- This is a full-time non-exempt position of 40 hours per week
- Scheduling flexibility is required, as this position is essential personnel and may be required to work weekends, holidays and during college administrative closings
- Participates in the “on call” program. “On call” for one week periods or weekend periods on a rotating schedule
EQUIPMENT: Some of the equipment used in this position is, but is not limited to, the following: floor scrubbers, auto-scrubbers, burnishers, carpet extractors, wet vacs, pressure washers, washers and dryers, brooms, shovels, mops, and vacuums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- General knowledge and skills related to housekeeping and light maintenance work
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form
- Commercial/institutional cleaning experience is desirable
- Good understanding of institutional housekeeping operations
- Familiarity with applicable procedures, common housekeeping practices and standards
- Must work cooperatively and professionally with a wide variety of College personnel as well as outside vendors and contractors
- Must work cooperatively with others and deal courteously with students, faculty, staff and co-workers
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Tolerates work related stress effectively and maintains self-control/professionalism
ABOUT SAINT JOSEPH’S COLLEGE OF MAINE:
Applicants must be willing to support the mission and core values of Saint Joseph’s College of Maine.
Founded in 1912 by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Joseph’s College is Maine’s only Catholic college. We offer to our 2000 on-campus and online students a unique mix of undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree programs with a strong liberal arts foundation. Our beautiful 474-acre Sebago Lake campus in Standish, Maine is located 30 minutes northwest of Portland, ME, and 2 hours North of Boston, MA. Fielding 21 intercollegiate varsity teams, the College also boasts a competitive Division III athletics program.
Additionally, the College provides certificates and undergraduate and advanced degrees for thousands more working adults who reside throughout the United States and in more than 20 other countries through an online learning program. Learn more at www.sjcme.edu.
Saint Joseph’s is nationally recognized for its successful integration of community service in its classroom learning and its sustainability performance. In 2015, the College was selected by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching to receive its Community Engagement Classification, highlighting the College’s focus on community service throughout its mission and daily interactions on campus and within local, regional, and global communities.
In 2022, the College earned STARS Gold rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) in recognition of its campus-wide sustainability achievements. This program is the most widely recognized in the world for reporting comprehensive information related to a college’s sustainability accomplishments.
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine embraces justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion as important cornerstones for academic excellence, student success, institutional and community resilience, and as vital expressions of our Catholic identity, Mercy Charism, and Core Values. We commit ourselves to nurturing highly competent and deeply compassionate leaders ready to serve in a vulnerable world.
Recognizing the dignity of all persons, we seek to address instances of injustice both within and outside our College community from a stance of informed advocacy. In this way we fulfill our core value of community, which calls on us to demonstrate a spirit of connectedness with one another through expressions of hospitality, courtesy, inclusivity, and collaboration. Saint Joseph’s College is the community that grows community, preparing whole people to a whole world. Learn more here.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please complete our online application by clicking here. Include your resume and cover letter, and read and sign the Pre-Employment Statement. Offers are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and providing proof of final COVID-19 vaccination.
Saint Joseph’s College is an EEO employer and applications from members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We consider all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, genetic information, military status, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, familial status or protected veteran status.
Specific questions may be emailed to: email@example.com or call 207-893-7757.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org