Website United Way of Greater Portland
Be Part of the Change!
United Way of Greater Portland Job Posting
Be a part of the change!
Join a team of committed, results-oriented, and successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
The Relationship Manager supports and advances United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission by identifying, developing, and maintaining high quality relationships with organizations and individuals to attract and sustain resources that support UWGP’s Community Impact agenda. This position maximizes fundraising growth through concerted, collaborative efforts in assigned areas of responsibility.
This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented self-starter to engage with key stakeholders within both large and small businesses to reach revenue goals, to engage the community in UWGP’s work, and to create a consistent, positive experience for donors and organizations at every touch point. This outward-facing role requires the Relationship Manager to build strong, mutually-beneficial relationships and to deliver on key fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate will have a dynamic and high-energy approach to achieving results and a strong interest in the areas of education, financial stability, and health.
Manage a variety of corporate and individual relationships
· Develops and grows meaningful year-round relationships with key company leaders, company influencers, and other individuals within assigned areas of responsibility.
· Works effectively with other teams at UWGP to be able to provide appropriate support and value to partners.
· Conducts regular in-person and virtual meetings, as appropriate, with partners and prospects in order to expand UWGP influence.
· Develops and uses knowledge about UWGP organizational mission, goals, Community Impact strategies and community needs to effectively communicate the UWGP message to external parties.
Update and set goals on account plans to realize significant growth in each account
· Develops and implements strategies to achieve revenue goals.
· Sets goals and action steps needed to engage accounts on a year-round basis.
· Works with staff and volunteers to drive plan execution and manage action steps and results from these efforts.
· Tracks and analyzes revenue generation, retention, visits, and key business activity throughout the year.
· Provides regular activity status, updates projections and conducts account analysis to build and deliver on business goals, to monitor results, and to address challenges as they arise.
Cultivate volunteer relationships that connect companies and individuals with UWGP
· Provides a positive experience for volunteers and temporary Loaned Executives to achieve revenue goals.
· Assists volunteer campaign chairs at companies in planning and executing employee
Campaigns by using effective communication, organization and customer service skills.
· Fosters creative thinking and facilitates future partnerships within the corporate accounts.
· Supports volunteers on key visits throughout the year.
Manage and inspire volunteers and volunteer campaign groups
· Develops and deepens connections within the community through year-round engagement.
· Inspires Employee Campaign Managers (ECMs) to dedicate generosity of time, influence and resources.
· Provides opportunities for ECMs to recognize the valuable role they play in Community Impact work through their successful workforce campaigns, year-round communication, increased volunteerism and advocacy.
Organize relationship management and donor responsibilities efficiently and effectively
· Develops and executes a comprehensive plan to successfully deploy individual time, UWGP resources and volunteer time against revenue objectives.
· Maintains accurate and detailed donor and account records in donor database (Andar) and with other systems to analyze the effectiveness of the plan against objectives.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent. Significant fundraising experience or equivalent considered in lieu of degree
· 3+ years of fundraising or sales experience.
· Commitment to the mission of United Way of Greater Portland.
· Demonstrated success working independently and with a team.
· Focused fundraising experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of assigned relationships to achieve results. Demonstrated ability to influence others to invest in UWGP community impact strategies and programs.
· Superb communications skills (written and verbal) with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner. Effective listening skills a must.
· Proven ability to successfully execute on a plan utilizing strategic thinking.
· Commitment to excellence and proactive problem solver.
· Solid computer skills (familiarity with customer relationship management systems preferred).
· Significant experience and comfort in Excel is a requirement.
· High-energy, outcome-focused individual with a positive “can-do” outlook who can manage ambiguity and change.
· Significant account management skills; demonstrated success achieving revenue goals.
Leads temporary Loaned Executives for nine weeks per year.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Valid driver’s license, verifiable auto insurance, cell phone, and use of a personal vehicle required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours including early morning meetings, evening events, and weekend work during peak times.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 36 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
· Convenient downtown location with free parking
· Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
· Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
· Personal and floating holidays
· Paid volunteer time off
· An excellent team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
United Way of Greater Portland has identified a set of Core Values that are our essential tenets. These define and describe who United Way of Greater Portland will endeavor to be in all situations, both internal and external.
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
· Community Centered
· Results Focused
· Intentionally Collaborative
· Committed to Excellence
· Leading with Integrity
Applications accepted through March 19, 2021. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Fecteau, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com