Administrative Specialist CL1: UMA Academic Offices – Two Positions Available – Search Extended
Website University of Maine at Augusta
UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background
The University of Maine at Augusta has an immediate opening for two full-time Administrative Specialists (CL1) to perform administrative duties at the UMA’s Augusta campus. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Staffing the College Office(s) Front Desk
- Providing administrative support including screening calls, visitors, and mail
- Preparing various purchase orders
- Assisting with faculty, staff, and student requests
- Assisting Academic Coordinators with program needs
- Entering student evaluation data, curriculum data, uploading, and organizing departmental documents
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and event details
- Processing confidential information
- Maintaining various complex filing systems
The Administrative Specialist CL performs a variety of primarily routine, and some non-routine, clerical, and administrative support responsibilities and tasks. The CL1 makes decisions regarding how the operations of a process are carried out by selecting among established techniques and prioritizing tasks on a daily basis based on established deadlines. Tasks are completed following defined procedures and standards, and the specific steps of most routine tasks are defined. The CL1 may assign/delegate work assignments to student workers and/or temporary employees.
A full position description can be found online here.
Work schedule: The regular schedules for these positions will be Monday through Friday. Most working hours will occur between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM; however, the schedules may vary each semester and will include some evening and/or weekend hours based on academic needs.
Wage: $16.35 per hour (Wage Band 21) or the appropriate transfer rate for a current UMS employee.
Benefits: The University provides a highly competitive benefits package that includes: holidays, vacation, and sick time; health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long-term disability insurance; a tuition waiver program for employees and their eligible dependents; a 403(b) retirement plan with a university contribution, and more. View our Benefits Information Summary to learn more.
UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background across the State of Maine and beyond through access to high-quality distance and on-site education, excellence in student support, civic engagement, and professional and liberal arts programs. UMA is the third-largest public university in Maine. In addition to its main campus in the state’s capital, UMA also serves students at its campus in Bangor (UMA Bangor) and through UMA Centers around the state. With its multiple locations and long-term expertise in online and distance learning, UMA is generally considered the University of Choice for Mainers of all ages who want to attend college without uprooting their lives.
- High school diploma or equivalent; at least one year of administrative support experience
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn new computer systems
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working with students, faculty, and staff to foster a robust learning environment.
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with college students and faculty
- Demonstrated ability to use computerized student information systems such as MaineStreet (PeopleSoft) and computerized purchasing systems such as MaineStreet Marketplace
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications
Applicants must complete an online application and submit a cover letter and resume at https://uma.hiretouch.com/. Materials must be submitted via “Apply for Position.” You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application, upload a cover letter that fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications, a resume/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin on May 25. Materials received after June 27, 2023 will be considered at the discretion of the university. We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
In complying with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine at Augusta does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, familial status, ancestry, age, disability physical or mental, genetic information, or veterans or military status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, 5748 Boudreau Hall, Room 101, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207-581-1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
To apply for this job please visit uma.hiretouch.com.