The World's Leading Maker of Cymbals, Drumsticks, and Mallets
The Zildjian Company has been synonymous with setting the standard for the development and manufacturing of high-performance musical instruments since 1623. As the world’s leading maker of cymbals, drumsticks and percussion mallets, Zildjian products are sold across the globe, under the Zildjian and Vic Firth brands, and are the standard to which all other cymbals, drumsticks and mallets are measured. From the beginner to the world’s greatest rock stars, jazz performers and concert percussionists, amateurs and pros alike chose Zildjian and Vic Firth products to allow them to experience and share the joy of music.
The Zildjian company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and empowered to be their best. Zildjian instruments are used to create all styles of music, for a diverse audience of music-makers. This means we value and celebrate our people and the communities we do business in. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who all share a passion for helping musicians express their unique musical voice. We know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and grow together.
The Production Supervisor sets the example for cooperation and collaboration. This position champions team participation by fostering team member involvement to exchange ideas and to problem solve. The position supports each Team Member in their efforts to achieve their goals. Production Supervisor is responsible for managing day-to-day planning, implementation and problem-solving for the assigned production department across all shifts. In addition to short-term planning, the Production Supervisor must be able to anticipate future needs and plan accordingly in support of the operation. The position will lead the team in the achievement of production goals. The production supervisor will receive production plans and will prioritize work for members of the production team. Production Supervisor must demonstrate a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support planning and coordination across all shifts.
- Maintain safe work environment for employees.
- Organize, monitor, and prioritize tasks to meet production and quality goals.
- Handle staff scheduling and monitor team’s performance.
- Manage product flow for department.
- Support the maintenance and set-up equipment in department.
- Must read and understand prints.
- Must ensure all quality standards are adhered to by self and team members.
- Maintain time and labor tracking for employees using Company systems.
- Coaching team members to improve performance.
- Responsible for the training and acclimation of new employees, monitoring their progress and education.
- Lead and attend training programs.
- Timely reporting of all key performance metrics.
MATHEMATIC and COMPUTER SKILLS:
Proficient in basic mathematics with ability to calculate percentages, averages and trend lines. Ability to produce short reports including tables, graphs, and spreadsheets. Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong analytical thinking. Must be able to research and act on data collected.
Standing, sitting, walking, climbing ladders (fixed and portable); exposed to extreme weather conditions; work outside; bend, lift, carry, and operate powered equipment (fixed and portable); corrected vision to 20/20.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in manufacturing with demonstrated leadership abilities and record of success (preferably woodworking).
- IT skills such as MS Office products and MRP systems.
- Excellent organization, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to create and adhere to production processes.
- Ability to write reports legibly and accurately.
- Relevant training and certification(s) in industrial production, engineering, or other related field.
Zildjian is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical and mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.