Emerging Leader Role
The Emerging Leader is an innovative and vital position on the Diversity Hiring Coalition of Maine (DHC) board. This role is designed to nurture emerging leaders passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by providing an immersive experience within the organization. The Emerging Leader Director supports the growth and development of future leaders who are not necessarily in top leadership positions at their companies but are deeply committed to the mission and values of the DHC. This role will provide exposure to various aspects of board responsibilities, enabling emerging leaders to gain insights into how the DHC operates and prepare them for future leadership roles.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/A5h5zwG6Kw4SjBsi7
- Board Experience: As an emerging leader, you’ll actively participate in board activities and decisions. This includes engaging in meetings, discussions, and collaborative planning with the DHC board.
- Shadowing Board Members: Gain practical insights into the inner workings of the DHC by shadowing various board members. Attend board meetings and committee sessions to understand the organization’s dynamics.
- Project Involvement: Dive into ongoing DHC projects and initiatives, getting hands-on experience and the opportunity to contribute your perspective and expertise.
- Leadership Development: As an emerging leader, you’ll have access to training and development opportunities designed to equip you with the skills and insights necessary for leadership roles within the
- Board Experience: Involvement in board activities and decisions, allowing you to participate in meetings, discussions, and planning actively.
- Shadowing Board Members: Enable you to follow various board members to gain practical knowledge about the workings of the DHC, including attending board and committee meetings.
- Project Involvement: Involvement in ongoing DHC projects and initiatives, giving you hands-on experience and the opportunity to contribute.
- Leadership Development: Training and development opportunities, ensuring you gain skills and insights relevant to leadership roles within the organization.
- Networking: Encouragement to engage with other DHC members and leaders, fostering valuable connections within the DEI field and the larger HR community.
- Committee Involvement: Guidance in participating in DHC committees and subcommittees, providing an understanding of how specific initiatives are executed.
- Strategic Planning: Exposure to the strategic planning process, involvement in short-term and long-term planning discussions.
- Advocacy and Community Engagement: Encouragement to participate in advocacy and community engagement initiatives aligned with the DHC’s mission and goals.
- Professional Growth: Support for your professional growth, enabling you to expand your knowledge and capabilities in DEI and HR practices.
- Progress Tracking: Regularly assess your progress and development and offer constructive feedback to help you grow within the organization.
- Nomination for Leadership Roles: When you’re ready and willing, you may be nominated for leadership roles within the DHC, recognizing your growth and commitment.
- Community Outreach: Encouragement to share insights from your DHC experience with your organizations and communities, helping spread awareness of DEI efforts.
- Feedback Loop: Maintain an open feedback loop between you and the DHC board to ensure your voice and suggestions are heard.